The Hyatt Ziva Cancun Wedding of Heather and Jason was certainly a destination-wedding dream come true. From the turquoise blue of their invitations perfectly matching the sky and water the day of the ceremony, to a flawless night for dancing under a blend of stars and twinkle lights in celebration of the newly married couple, this was truly a picture perfect day from start to finish. And could any photographer ask for a more gorgeous backdrop to a wedding ceremony than the floor-to-ceiling windows of the Gran Caribe Resort looking out over the sugar white sands of Cancun?
It was the seamless meeting of romantic and playful, with a stunning photo shoot at sunset and followed by the mile-wide smiles of the bride and groom, along with their family and friends, as they hit the dance floor. My favorite moments shooting the Hyatt Ziva Cancun Wedding were without a doubt photographing the bridal party on a pier over crystal-clear water, and taking the bridal portraits by the lighthouse. What a stunning location to photograph a stunning couple!
- Why did you picked Cancun / Hyatt Ziva for your wedding? We chose Hyatt Ziva because where their beautiful resort was located, all sides surrounded by water. It was in a prime location and when we visited it before, we were happy with the customer service and everything that the hotel offered from the food, alcohol, service, location, etc.
- What is your most memorable moment / what did you liked the most from your wedding day? My most memorable moment was when I was waiting to walk down the aisle. I seriously thought I would have cried my entire wedding day, but really held it together except for that moment. I was stuck up the stairs waiting for the ceremony to start for I think 30 mins. I was so nervous and scared, more than I ever have been during the whole wedding celebrations. At that moment I wanted to break down because I can see everyone down below waiting for us to become husband and wife and everything was just slowly becoming so surreal.
- Do you have any tip for destination brides marrying in Cancun / Mexico? All brides should definitely visit the location and meet with the vendors and wedding planner before deciding. I also wanted my guests to enjoy what I enjoy so I didn’t chose a place I wouldn’t normally stay at.
- How was your experience with Monica Lopez Photography? I have a lot of friends that are photographers and it was a difficult decision for me not to allow them to shoot my wedding day and trust someone else to take them for us. You really made be feel comfortable about my decision, answered all my questions and really did whatever we needed. Diego was great as well and I can tell the different style photography with the both of you. Reminds me very much of our friends photography style!
- Which one is your favorite picture and why? My favorite photo is of Jason and I walking along the beach under the bushes. I remember you telling me, “Heather, are you sure you want to walk that way because your dress is going to get wet.” Although we had a lot of candid moments, I thought those were the best. I really felt like Jason and I were alone walking along the beach after we got married and didn’t think about anything during that moment!
Capturing these precious moments during one of the most important events in a couples’ life, is always an honor, but when nature cooperates in celebration of the special occasion, the feeling is incomparable. And the couple chose the most ideal wedding favors, Cancun-themed picture frames, giving guests an opportunity to take a piece of this destination wedding home with them, too.
But above all, capturing the love in the eyes of a newly married couple is magic. I believe the love shown between these two on their wedding day is just a taste of their love-filled days to come. Please check out some of my favorite images from their wedding day below!